Additiv-Chemie Luers was founded in 1948 in Bremen by Mr. Karl-Heinz Luers with the objective to produce Sodium Petroleum Sulfonates for metalworking fluids.
With the rapidly increasing customer demand for those products the company was relocated to a new and larger facility in Delmenhorst. Production expanded further.
Mr. Luers was succeeded in Management by Gernot Dreesmann who added his own commercial activities to create Additiv-Chemie Luers of today. Under the new supervision the company continued to grow by developing and complementing its range of additives for metalworking fluids and cleaners.
In 1998 the Diersch & Schroeder GmbH & Co based in Bremen acquired the shares of Additiv-Chemie Luers (ACL). "The DS Group of Companies" (www.ds-bremen.de) is family owned and one of the leading independent German mineral oil trading companies.
The objective of the acquisition was to further expand the business of Additiv-Chemie.
In 2001 ACL purchased the additive business of the UK brand of Amoa and soon added in 2003 CR-Chemie Dr. Claus Rathjen GmbH – a specialist for tackiness agents – with manufacturing facilities in Hamburg.
In 2006 ACL acquired the majority of the shares of Esti Chem A/S from Denmark a producer of specialty esters and additives for technical and industrial cleaners. Esti Chem A/S is also active in additives for the offshore drilling industry (www.estichem.com).
In 2017 Additiv-Chemie Luers acquired 100% of the shares of Adichem AG – trading company from Switzerland. By this acquisition also the majority of the shares of Alpha Chemie GmbH from Freital / Dresden was purchased. Alpha Chemie is a manufacturer of oxidates from paraffin waxes.
Since 2019 the management was taken over by Johannes von Cossel and his experienced colleague Michael Terfehr.